AWS Elastic Beanstalk is AWS's PaaS platform.
- Applications are the AWS resources that should be modelled after your applications.
- Application Versions are deployable iterations of Applications.
- Environments are collections of AWS resources that make up a deployed application environment. Each Environment runs one Application Version.
- Environment Tiers differentiate between web server and worker environments, altering the resources that will be deployed for the Application.
- Environment Configurations are sets of parameters used in the deployment of the Application's resources.
- Saved Configurations are templates for deploying Environments.
- Platforms are combinations of operating system, runtime, web and application servers and Elastic Beanstalk components.
Elastic Beanstalk provides all of the following out of the box:
- Monitoring is provided via CloudWatch.
- Deployments, which can follow a blue-green model.
- Scaling with EC2 Auto Scaling groups.