AWS Lambda is Amazon's FaaS offering, with a pay as you go pricing model and no infrastructure maintenance required.
Lambda provides first-class support for:
The entry point used varies by runtime.
Event sources are used as triggers for Lambda functions:
- HTTP requests
- S3 event notifications
- SNS notifications
- SQS messages
- Write the code.
- Assemble a deployment package, either as a zip file including both the function and its dependencies or as an OCI container.
- Deploy it to Lambda.
- 15m execution time limit, requiring work to be chunked by doing recursion, and returning the result via some external means (S3 object, SNS notification, SQS message).
- 128MB-10,240MB memory limit, in 1MB increments.
- 4KB of environment variables.
- 20KB resource policy.
- 6MB payload for synchronous invocation, 256KB for asynchronous.