Amazon OpenSearch service (formerly Amazon ES) provides a fully-managed OpenSearch service including Kibana for data visualisation. OpenSearch is Amazon's fork of Elasticsearch.
Domains represent OpenSearch clusters. Indexes define document schemas. Documents are individual records.
Some AWS services provide out of the box integrations with ES to ease getting data in:
- Logs can be streamed directly to ES
- IoT rules can be used to stream messages
ES domains can either be public (not recommended) or in a VPC.
- Resource-based policies allow setting global constraints.
- IAM policies let you specify fine-grained access control rules for different users and services.
- IP-based policies can restrict access to specific clients or networks.
- Request signing provides basic authentication and is abstracted away by the AWS SDKs.