AWS Site-to-Site VPN establishes secure, private tunnels from on-premise networks to AWS VPCs. Communication between VPC and a remote network
- VPN connections are the AWS resource.
- VPN tunnels provide the encrypted links, and there are two of these per-connection for high availability.
- Customer gateways are AWS resources which provide information to AWS about customer gateway devices.
- Customer gateway devices are the physical or software applications on the non-AWS side of the VPN connection.
- Virtual private gateways are VPN concentrators on the AWS side of the VPN connection.
- Transit gateways provide transit hubs used to interconnect VPCs and on-premise networks.
- No IPv6 support for VPN connections on a virtual private gateway.
- VPN connections don't support Path MTU discovery.