General Purpose SSD (
gp2) volumes are cost-effective and suitable for a range of workloads.
BurstBalance CloudWatch metric tracks the percentage (0-100) of burst credits available. If this drops to zero during an IO intensive operation the workload will be constrained to the baseline performance of the volume, likely severely impacting the performance of the operation.
- 100 IOPS (33.33GB), plus 3 IOPS per GiB until 5,334GiB
- 125MiB/s throughput
- 99.8-99.9% durability (0.1%-0.2% annual failure rate)
- 1GiB-16TiB capacity per-volume
- 16,000 IOPS per-volume (scales linearly at 3 IOPS per GiB until 5,334GiB)
- 250MiB/s throughput per-volume